1. What are the words that come to your mind when you think of Mumbai?
Chaos, loud, irony & identity
2. If you had to change one thing about Mumbai, what would it be?
Maybe the number of vehicles that would automatically (maybe) reduce the honking. Or maybe the awareness amongst people that everyone around them is also human and lives a similar life like their own.
3. Being a Mumbaikar, can you live someplace else? Reason
Yes, I think however homely this city feels, it’s too loud and too fast. The people are amazing. I’d love to live in Goa though.
4. What do you do to keep yourself motivated and interested in your work?
Keep meeting new people and interacting with them and knowing their stories. Anyone on the street can be an inspiration too. Watching films also helps.
5. If your creative work were edible, what would it taste like?
That’s a tough one. Maybe a mix of aachar with Thai curry and chaas?
6. Which method is the best way to describe this city, by your personal perspective or a judgement?
Well, describing a city is really difficult. It’s always changing and it’s so huge. Anyhow you describe it, there is a contradiction to it in the opposite side of the city. But a personal perspective would give a better placement of the time of the city or an era during which you were around.
Prashin Jagger Photography: