A hands-down, honest and one-of-kind review of the Strauss Yoga Mat is what you need. And look what I have for you – exactly that! Before you click “Add to cart,” did you read up on the reviews first? Or copy-paste the name of this yoga mat and did a little research on Google to find out if it’s the right fit for you. Well, why would you when you have this article to look at? I’ve got everything organized for you!
Let me tell you something. It doesn’t take long to hit the “Buy now” button; especially when you’re buying impulsively or in a hurry. But before you do that, ask yourself is your impulse worth it when it’s almost 1000 rupees on the line?
You could be spending it on something that’s not-so-durable and not-so-lovable. And you could also be spending it on something that turned out to be one of the best products you’ve shopped for online. Both are very likely possibilities, but as a wise buyer, you shouldn’t be the one to take such a call. That’s for me to decide. And I have tons of research, testing, and comparison to go with it.
A yoga mat has many perks. For starters, it encourages you to challenge your mind and body. It makes you sweat a lot and I mean A LOT! And it cradles your body like a baby to protect it from the hard floor you’re practicing on. (Effects of Yoga on Mental and Physical Health; 2012)
Try kneeling down on a hardwood or marble floor. How does it feel? Your joints start to ache after a few minutes, right? And it gets even worse when you’re standing up again.
While practicing any form of physical exercise on a yoga mat, especially yoga, you have to stay in one position for a minute or longer. For that, you need something to cushion your body from impact.
Imagine the kind of challenges you could take on with a good yoga mat. Now, the Strauss Yoga Mat helps you practice better. It keeps you company for as long as you want. And it comes with features that let you clean and carry it more efficiently. Don’t believe me? Read on below.
Strauss Yoga Mat Review
I’m going to start by walking you through all the important features of the Strauss Yoga Mat. You should know that with this, you have everything you need to make an informed decision. And so, you get adequate cushioning and posture without having to test out multiple yoga mats and wasting your money.
- This EVA yoga mat is 6mm thick (0.6 cm/0.23 inches).
- The anti-skid feature increases friction or resistance. Which means it prevents you from slipping. Even with sweaty palms and feet.
- The compression resistance feature makes the mat firmer. Which means the mat won’t lose its thickness no matter how much pressure you put on it.
- The shock absorption feature makes sure you don’t injure your joints in case you slip and lose balance.
- The rebound resistance feature improves the grip of the mat on the floor. So, it doesn’t roll up from one side when in use.
- It’s scratch-resistant. Which is an extremely important feature if you have cats.
- The memory foam layer and textured top layer makes the yoga mat lightweight.
- The top and bottom layer are sweat-absorbent and smell-resistant.
- Comes in two colors: grey and blue.
What Can You Use It For?
The Strauss Yoga Mat isn’t just for yoga anymore. While a yoga mat is a metaphor “for the space in which our minds might experience some relief from the stress-laden, chaotic, and unpredictable nature of daily life,” it can be used for strength training, pilates, body training, post-game stretching, and meditating.
The EVA material of this best yoga mat is durable and firm enough to take on all forms of practices. But only when you have socks on or you’re going barefoot. This applies to all yoga mats and not just the Strauss Yoga Mat.
A yoga mat gives you the power to make your own decision. If you’re participating in any kind of restorative or meditative or mindful yoga class, you need a good yoga mat along with a bottle of water and a handy towel.
These are essential yoga accessories for any beginner, intermediate, or advanced practitioner.
There are many pros and cons to using this Strauss Yoga Mat. And I wanted to let you know about each of them after I’ve done explaining the basics. Which I think I’ve done perfectly well. Wouldn’t you agree?
A yoga mat of any material becomes a treasured item for decades. It stays with you because it’s what you use to practice mindfulness on. Its texture, scent, and feel are what helps you navigate through challenges and improve your stamina. And the Strauss Yoga Mat takes the prize as being one of the reliable ones.
It’s durable, easy-to-use, and soft.
Firm enough to absorb shock and soft enough to support and cushion your movements. You can clean it with a cloth as it’s washable. It doesn’t need much cleaning, to begin with, because of its sweat-absorbent and sweat-resistant material. The mat comprises of a non-slip bottom on top of a memory foam layer. On top of both layers is a textured, slip-resistant layer. Each of these layers provides stability, resist slipping and skidding, and have incredible grip. Even if with sweaty palms and feet.
The length of the yoga mat is 6ft. approximately while the thickness is 6mm. This, along with the high-quality and soft foam construction, makes it the ideal choice for home use. If you’re an indoor fitness enthusiast, you need the Strauss Yoga Mat. It’s versatile and strong enough for practicing yoga, body training, light-weight training, and pilates. You will be totally impressed by how it withstands wear and tear, even after daily use. For a yoga mat of this price, you’re definitely getting more value for what you’re paying.
- It does not slip, skid, or curl on the floor.
- Neither too hard nor too soft for practicing yoga for a long time.
- It retains shape quickly after every yoga session.
- The thickness provides good support for holding poses.
- Features a useful carry bag for storage.
- The top and bottom layer can be cleaned with a wet cloth.
- Not the toughest yoga mat out there for outdoor use.
- It does have an unusual, chemical-like smell after opening.
- The size may be small for someone taller than 6ft.
- It might compress if used along with heavyweights. Do not jump often doing high knees or jumping jacks.
- Needs to be replaced once every 6 months.
- Beware of the seller. You might end up with a low-quality yoga mat that chips away soon. Even after light use.